ROOFTOP FILMS SEEKS FULL-TIME/SEASONAL TECHNICAL COORDINATOR:
Rooftop Films Seeks Full-Time/Seasonal Technical Coordinator
Rooftop Films is a non-profit film festival and production collective based in Brooklyn, New York. Our mission is to engage and inspire diverse communities by showing movies in outdoor locations, producing new films, teaching filmmaking to young people, and renting equipment at low-cost to artists and non-profits. Founded in 1997, Rooftop Films is a grassroots group that has grown into one of New York's leading film organizations.
Rooftop Films has grown tremendously over the last few years, and we are now looking for a Technical Coordinator to take a crucial role in the operations of the organization. The Technical Coordinator will work closely with the Technical Manager and technical staff with festival and rental tasks.
• Answer rentals calls and respond to emailed rental inquiries
• Invoice clients for equipment rentals
• Assemble equipment packages for Rooftop events
• Prepare and assemble rental packages
• Check-in and quality control for incoming equipment
• Assist with event load-out
• Assist Technical Manager with tasks relating to Rooftop events and rentals
• Occasional on-site show work
We seek someone motivated, energetic and committed, with great office skills and the eagerness to be part of Rooftop Films’ future. The person in this position must be flexible and be able to work collaboratively with internal staff and external constituencies at all levels. Additionally this person should possess:
• Ability to learn quickly, with a proactive attitude
• Excellent communication skills over the email and phone. Customer service experience a plus.
• Fundamental understanding of how audio and video technology; specifically projectors, live audio, and playback devices and software
• Excellent communication, decision making, time management, writing, math and clerical skills
• Initiative, be conscientious and provide follow-through on areas of responsibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks software is a plus, but not required.
• An understanding and dedication to our mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Position to start immediately. This is a full-time, seasonal position with a three-month commitment and the possibility for an extension to year-round (depending on budget). Hours include regular office work hours Monday through Friday and some evening/weekend work.
Send a resume and cover letter to: William Chu, Technical Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.
Rooftop Films Summer Volunteers
As a non-profit arts organization, Rooftop Films depends on volunteers like you for its growth and success. Working with Rooftop is a great opportunity to see fantastic films and live music, find out about the inner workings of film festivals, and meet the Rooftop staff and the filmmakers.
Rooftop will need volunteers for over 40 shows this summer, all of which will be outdoors between May and August. Most shows are on Friday or Saturday nights, with some special shows on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Volunteers can help out at as many or as few shows as they are available for.
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the online Rooftop Volunteer Application Form. Once you submit your form, we will get back to you with more information and volunteer assignments.
Already registered with us as a volunteer? Click here to log on to your Volunteer Information Center account to register for shifts.