On Thursday, August 7th we’re screening a very special sneak preview of Florian Habicht’s exciting concert doc PULP: A Film About Life, Death & Supermarkets. This is already becoming one of the fastest-selling shows we’ve ever hosted, and it gets sweeter by the minute. Not only is Pulp’s charismatic frontman Jarvis Cocker going to be there for a Q&A, but he also wants to hear your beautiful voices singing your little hearts out.
Regular tickets are sold out and our friends at Oscilloscope Laboratories aren’t letting the Pulp flow until November (http://www.oscilloscope.net/films/film/112/Pulp) , so this may be your only shot at getting to this event.
Tweet to @RooftopFilms with the hashtag #singforjarvis and plead your case. Why should you be one of the chosen few who get to perform a Pulp song for Jarvis Cocker and Florian Habicht?
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
Anyone chosen to perform will receive two free tickets to the show (or two free additional tickets if you’ve already purchased yours), and the winner will be awarded very special prizes. Tweets must be sent by noon on Monday, August 4th. Winners will be chosen the next day.
- You must plan to attend the show! If you can’t be there on August 7th, don’t enter the contest! Jarvis will be very mad at you. Do you really want that on your conscience?
- Creativity is encouraged/mandatory. Tweet something that will make us notice you and think you’re a special and unique snowflake. A funny drawing? A relevant YouTube video? Something weird and wild we’ve never seen or heard before? Impress us.
- No nudity please.
- If we get a million tweets about ‘Common People’, we will be far less likely to pick them. Don’t be so obvious. See above note about creativity.
- Pick your favorite Pulp song. Or your least favorite. Or one you don’t even know. Here are the options: All Time High, Babies, Common People, Disco 2000, Do You Remember The First Time, Help The Aged, Mile End, Monday Morning, Sorted For the E’s and Wizz, This is Hardcore.
- If you receive that coveted tweet that says you’ve won, don’t have a heart attack. You need to confirm your win within 24 hours of notification.
- Tweet all you want. We’ll have interns monitoring our feed 24/7 from the locked basement of Rooftop HQ.
- Show info and tickets are available here: http://rooftopfilms.com/2014/schedule/pulp-a-film-about-life-death-and-supermarkets/
So there you have it. A golden ticket to Pulp superstardom. A shot at the big leagues. A fast-track to success. A chance to embarrass yourself in front of a real celebrity and several hundred strangers! We can’t wait to sift through these tweets and see just how badly you want to win. Good luck!