For the second annual Jalopnik Film Fest, they’ve teamed up with Gawker and Volvo to find the best ideas that focus on the human side of car culture. Submit your concept of “the human side of car culture” by August 25th for a chance to win.
Volvo and Studio@Gawker will provide everything you need to produce your short film, including a production team, a vehicle (one of the 60 Range vehicles), and the resources necessary. Most importantly, this will include a mentor/director who will help you make your dream film a reality. Not only will the winner have the chance to produce a fully funded short film, they’ll also be flown to New York to attend the premiere at the Jalopnik Film Festival in November.
The theme for the contest is “WHY WE CARE,” – anything that explains that car culture is as much about the people who love cars as the cars themselves. This could be a documentary, a narrative, anything. Submissions may take the form of a proof of concept film/video, a screenplay of no more than ten (10) pages, a written treatment, a storyboard, photograph/s, or other materials, and MUST include a written summary of the submission concept.
We couldn’t do this film festival without a sponsor and this year our sponsor, Volvo, has agreed to help us produce a film about car culture… and by “us” we mean “you.” We’re going to provide everything you need to make your idea a reality, we just need your idea.
Head over to Gawker for full contest details and submission instructions. And good luck!
Volvo and Studio@Gawker will provide everything you need to produce your original short film, including a production team, a Volvo 60 Range vehicle, equipment, and all additional resources necessary to realize your vision.
- Travel/accommodations for the production of the short film
- Travel/accommodations for you and your guest at the Jalopnik Film Festival
- Your film will be screened at the Jalopnik Film Festival
- Doug Sonders and Nicholas Cambata of 8112 Studios will act as special mentors as needed throughout the filmmaking process
- Exposure of your film and credit to 8 Million unique visitors per month
- A high production-value short film to add to your personal portfolio